As a child, I used to have high self esteem, always very secure about myself, and felt I could do anything I wanted. In school, I always tried to be the best I could be. People used to tell me how much they enjoyed being around me, because I was funny, sweet, caring, lovable-all the good comments anyone can imagine.
I was given a scholarship seventeen years ago in high school, to go to Baruch College for Business Administration. It was taken away because I was not a legal resident at that time. That frustrated me. I could not go to college, after all the effort I put in trying to be a good student. Suddenly, lots of things changed. I was a 24/7 mom, and never worked because I decided to dedicate all of my time to my children. I do not regret everything I did for them, because that was my job. But, I did forget about myself. I started suffering from low self esteem. I had a fear of everything. I felt I could not do anything right.
It’s taken me years to overcome these fears. Now I am 35 years old and feel I have a second chance. I am not taking it for granted. I want to feel that I can be useful and successful, not only as a mother, but as a human being. I want to leave Pathways with another point of view of life. Hey, I’m just starting! I know that with a positive attitude I will become a better me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment