Tuesday, September 22, 2009
MY LIFE: THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE UGLY
Hello, my name is Tiffany Cooper. Some people call me TIP for short. I am 36 yrs. old, and I have 3 children. My daughterwho is 15, my oldest son who is 14, and my baby boy who is 12. I have recently decided to go back to school to get my GED and a certificate as an Office Information Specialist. Just fancy words for 'secretary'. LOL... Why go back to school now, at 36? Well for two reasons actually: 1. My children: I'm always getting on them about the importance of school and how they should do their best. Now how do I look, fussing at them about school and I don't even have my GED? Let's get real! Children do as you do, not as you say, so I'm doing school. 2. I want a real job, yall. Not some BS that anybody can do, but one that I was trained for specifically, with benefits. Plus, I have all these skills and no one wants to even give me a chance because I don't have the educational background required to obtain a job. Let me tell you something, if you have the skills, but no education, then you can forget that 'Super Job'. Holla if you hear me! Well my life has had it's share of ups, downs, and all arounds. From being sexually abused from the age of 6 until the age of 13, momma's boyfriend's putting knives to my throat, and guns to my head. To being raped at the age of 19, getting pregnant with my daughter and making the decision to keep her at the age of 20. I have had good boyfriends and absolutely violent ones. Run ins with the police, social servicestaking my children, living from house to house, until finally, here I am. Where is that you ask? CPCC in school, my own home, kids in school doing good and I think I finally found, 'Mr. Right'. My life, like many was and is a little complicated, but that's life. I have finally realized I need to get the best out of life, instead of letting it get the better of me. I am still growing, still learning, and still praying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment