Thursday, October 8, 2009

Going back to school…….

Going back to school…why now? Well, I think that it was just my time. I always knew that I would. It was just a matter of time, circumstance, and journey. It took a lot for me to get to the point of where I am today. My patience is stronger and my will is longer. My mind, my life, my children are all reasons I can say, now is the time.
For me this journey has been a marvelous thing. Some days are better than others, but that’s what I love. The good days help me realize that what I am doing is so much bigger than just me. Those are the times I revel in my life. I love myself (and that took a long time), my brain, and the courage it took for me to start this thing called education all over again. My good days make me feel uns toppable, and like the queen I was meant to be. I feel love, contentment, joy, and pure happiness along with pride. This is what I was supposed to do, finish school.
My bad days are few, but they do exist. Between battling to be treated like a human being by people who should know better, to battling within me about staying in school, it’s an everyday struggle. My bad days show me just how far I have actually come in my life. Whereas, before I would yell, scream, argue, fight or whatever it took to hurt the person or persons who I believed wronged me. Now I look to you with sympathy in my eyes because I now know what it looks like to make a fool of yourself for nothing. I feel sorry for those people who feel like the only way they can feel good is to put someone else down. That’s not a life I want to live or be a part of. Each day I grow and learn and learn and grow. That’s what the Pathways to Employment program is all about. That’s what it has taught me so far.
Why did I choose the Pathwa ys to Employment program? Well, because they give all the necessary tools you need to be successful. I want to find an Administrative Assistant position downtown. That’s what I want. Through this program, I believe that I am capable of doing that. In the Office Information Specialist program I am getting the necessary training and tools that can make this dream a reality. With the help of my teachers and friends in Pathways, I feel and believe that I can accomplish anything. They have helped me gain the confidence I need to make this a reality not a dream.
Any advice I would give would probably be:
1. Never let go of your dreams
2. Never be discouraged
3. Be Patient
4. Have Love
5. Understand other people & the fact that they have problems too
6. Realize you are only human:
(We all struggle at some point, it’s not the struggle, but how you come out.
Come out on top, get the best out of life instead of letting it get the best
out of you.)






Tiffany Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment